Backstage at Derek Lam with Estée Lauder















(H&M blouse, Topshop jeans, Ax + Apple necklace, Rebecca Minkoff bag, Lowluv ring, Pour la Victoire shoes)

One of the best shows I got to attend this fashion week was Derek Lam. Thanks to Estée Lauder, I got amazing tickets...and backstage passes to view the Spring '12 collection with my sister Dylana. Getting to see the collection up close before the models strut down the catwalk is always wonderful. But my favorite part? Watching the makeup artists completely transform the models. For the show, makeup was very simple, clean, and fresh. Everything was done by the beauty label that I use religiously,Estée Lauder. I loved the nude, beautiful faces and sleek hair. It's the epitome of classic chic. Even the clothes were all about clean line, beautiful textures, and some really beautiful bright colors. It was held at the large stage at Lincoln Center and I believe anyone I've ever seen in magazines was there! Such a dream show to attend. I have to admit, getting backstage was the best part!! I ran into a lot of other people that I've worked with. For the event, I went with a very simple and casual look. It was in the middle of all the craziness of fashion week and all I felt like wearing was a pair of skinnies and a button down. But I of course added a dark plum lipstick...my favorite which is Estee's "Plum Couture!" Probably the hottest shade I own!

Follow Natalieoffduty on Twitter

Follow Natalie Off Duty