Discovering Athena Procopiou


There is something in the back of my mind that makes me crave a new set of flowy kimonos as soon as I have a holiday coming up. This time I stumbled upon Athena Procopiou and gosh I’m glad I did. The silky selection of scarfs and kimonos drove me to the brink of madness when it came to choosing my favorite ones so I opted for a little introductory post instead.

From the gorgeous selection of printed kimonos and scarves, the kaleidoscope ‘Arabesca’ is my favorite. Nothing short of brilliant, I gladly welcome this sweetheart to my collection.


With Grecian roots, Athena names music as one of her biggest inspirations, rock icons like Jimi Henrix and David Bowie to be precise, hence the cosmic prints from her brand new 'Ziggy Stardust' collection. Pictured here wrapped in ‘Two Moons’ and ‘Life on Mars'


As a music lover and pianist from an early age, multitalented Procopiou studied art history in Paris and graphic design at Central Saint Martins in London before she set up her own brand. I wore the The ‘Inez’ kimono from Athena’s 'Frida' collection with my American Apparel bathing suit, this bright gown was simply way too beautiful to leave out of this post.


This kimono will be perfect with jeans for seasons to come, ‘Major Tom’ turquoise scarf and ‘Two Moons’ kimono both from the Ziggy collection.


photos by Janne

Athena tells me traveling inspires her the most, so she always sets out to discover new cultures before starting to work on a new collection. Her ideal girl is someone that embraces life in the moment and ‘lives under the stars’ as she so gracefully explained. Well who would not want to be that girl...? In between the breezy Atlantic and roughly shaped cliffs of La Gomera, this was my interpretation of the girl who lives in the moment and if you can’t already read between the lines of this post - I am completely and utterly in love.

Shop Athena Procopiou at Net-a-porter (US and UK), My-wardrobe (US and UK), Matches (US and UK), Libery and Barneys

ps. If you have fallen for Athena’s designs like me, stay tuned as I’m teaming up with the talented designer for an exciting giveaway!